Dr. Chris Lipat DC welcomes you to the unique experience of mind-body energy medicine in Honolulu, HI. Dr. Chris taps into your own body's wisdom and provides guidance for self-healing towards powerful, sustainable transformation.
Dr. Chris intervenes at all levels - physical (alignment + nutrition), emotional, mental and energetic/spiritual, to address imbalance and restore functionality and health. She gives you clues to help you understand what it will take and who you need to become to let go of your symptoms. In Dr. Chris' office, health issues are seen as an opening, a synchronistic opportunity to transform and spiritually evolve.
As a Reiki Master, Certified Cellular Regeneration Technique Practitioner, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and holistic chiropractor, Dr. Chris supports you in reducing toxic/emotional stress, identifying nutritional deficiency/toxicity, personalizing your healing foods list, spinal realignment, releasing scars/fascial restrictions, clearing/balancing energy meridians, releasing past life/ancestral trauma, and balancing hormones. Dr. Chris' intuitive muscle testing system is multi-faceted, nonjudgmental and she compassionately supports you in your process of change. The people that thrive with Dr. Chris are highly motivated, intuitive people ready to make the changes necessary to transform your health and your life for years to come. Read Transformative Healing: the Power to Change, The Call to Evolve: Letting Go, Making Shifts, Vagal Tone: At the Intersection of Chiropractic, Nutrition and Emotions, The Total Stress Load Concept: Why Your Body May Not Be Healing Itself and Root Cause Healing to understand Dr. Chris' philosophy and approach in preparation for your visit.
What to Expect with Dr. Chris Lipat DC
1. Change + enLIGHTenment = Transformational Healing! At your initial visit, Dr. Chris will review your goals and health issues with you and discuss how her unique mind-body energy medicine approach can help you achieve your goals. If you decide to go the next step, Dr. Chris will conduct a holistic chiropractic exam to establish a health baseline. Using kinesiology, she will address the health of your spine and nervous system, but also address the possibility of fascial adhesions, food sensitivities, heavy metal burdens, toxin overload, hormone imbalances, energetic blocks, past life/ancestral trauma and neuroemotional stressors in this comprehensive initial visit. Dr. Chris sees your health as a multifactorial experience, and intervenes on all these levels to support you in healing. And true healing means emerging into the expansiveness that allows you to serve the world with your unique skill set and point of view!
Spinal alignment is gentle - Dr. Chris uses low force adjusting tools and deep tissue percussive therapy to treat muscle tightness and fascial adhesions, rather manual spinal adjustments. She applies Reiki where needed, clears emotional blockages with neuroemotional homeopathic and EFT/tapping approaches, and balances on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual planes. She supports you in aligning with positive emotions and powerful affirmations. In addition to nutrition and dietary recommendations, you may be given suggestions such as regular sauna, exercise, meditative practices, affirmations, or even crystals, colors, gemstones, sacred geometry or essential oils to support your healing process. Bring your current supplements or a list of them if you would like them to be assessed. You will receive an informational packet, which includes valuable recommendations for lifestyle modifications that you can incorporate into your life right away. The entire visit will take 90+ mins (if utilizing insurance, the visit is limited to 75 mins).
Note that although the work we do is very gentle, it is potent. To maximize your body's healing, make sure to rest after your appointment, eat healthy and sleep early. You may feel wonderful and stronger than ever, or you may experience detox symptoms such as wanting to sleep, a passing headache, and/or muscle soreness prior to feeling better. Plan a low key day the following day(s) as your body continues to process all the work we do together at your first visit. Hold off on doing other bodywork for 3 days after to allow the work we do to be fully integrated. You may also want to wait until after your appointment to do major grocery shopping.
2. This first visit sets a foundation for healing. The doctor will then recommend a program of care to help you reach your health goals. Should you opt to join our Activating the Healer Within 6-month Program, you can get deeper into transforming your health for years to come. This program builds your healing momentum and directs the doctor to channel Source Energy with all her skills and magic to maximize your potential! She partners with you to supercharge your life goals, while also teaching valuable self-healing skills. Follow up visits are 60-90 mins.
Regular visits solidify the healing momentum and address the specific needs of the body at each level of healing. Those who come for regular care experience ever deepening levels of personal and spiritual evolution. The decision for moving forward lies fully in your hands.
To become a new patient, take these steps in preparation for your first appointment:
1. Book your C+E new patient appointment online at least 12 hours in advance. Or, email us via this website with your Name, Phone # and email address, or call or text Dr. Chris at (808) 783-1046 to schedule your initial appointment. Same day appointments may be available. Click here for payment policies and fees.
2. Fill out this online New Patient Questionnaire (no printing required). Your initials at the end of the Questionnaire serves as your signature for the Informed Consent and Arbitration Agreement and receipt of the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
3. See this link for parking information and directions.
What to bring to your first appointment (click here to schedule!):
- Copies of your latest lab and imaging studies, if available. Click this link and print if your doctor requires an “Authorization to Release Medical Records” form. We do not have a fax machine.
- For your comfort, wear shorts, loose pants, or exercise leggings for the exam - no skirts or dresses. You are lying on the table for a while and may get a little chilly as your body relaxes. A blanket will be provided, but also consider bringing socks to your visits to keep your feet warm. Avoid using any perfumes due to allergies of some of our patients.
- Your ID and your insurance ID if you are covered by HMSA PPO (excluding ASH/EUTF/Quest) or HMSA HMO (with referral from your primary care physician) or HMAA. *An additional co-pay will be charged to cover additional time and holistic modalities not covered by insurance.